Monday, February 13, 2006

12 FEBRUARY 2006

13 November 2005 = Happy (PR for 30 km run) and sad day for me (got involved in car accident)
12 February 2006 = Happy and suffering day for me (PR for 30 km run)
Distance = 30.3 km
Timing = 3 hr 3 min 45.11 sec
3 hr 8 min 29.66 sec (13/11/2005)
3 hr 39 min + (somewhere in January or February 2005)
Average pace per km = 6 min 3.87 sec
This was quite an enjoyable, happy and suffering day for me. I did not expect to create a PR. My intention was to run at an enjoyable and relaxed pace. For the first 10 km, I was running behind Chui Miew at a relaxed pace (and arriving at Petronas station in 61 minutes). The second 10 km, I did realised that Chui Miew was running at a pace faster than the first 10 km. I just followed her pace and it was quite a enjoyable for me as at the same time, the love musics from my new MP3 player motivated me to run faster. After running more than 26 km (at that time my timing split was approximately 2 hr 34 min +), my legs could not sustain the pace and I had to slow down to prevent cramps from creeping into my legs muscles. Finally, I finished the run in 3 hr 3 min 45.11 sec. I did some stretching to cool down myself. After a few minutes of steching and cooling down, I started to feel giddy and at that time I was dehydrated. There was not any sign of cramp on my legs but I had to sit down on the parking area in Bukit Aman to prevent myself from fainting. All I wanted that time was an isotonic drink or some Coke. As the stall selling drinks was closed, I was lucky as Tey had some Endurox. After drinking some Endurox, I felt slightly better and I was able to stand up and cool myself down. The main reason for this situation could be my low sugar or salt level ?
This was not the first time, I suffered this situation. I also encountered this situation somewhere in Janaury or February 2005 in the Pacesetters 30 km practice run prior to the KLIM 2005.
This suffering reminded me of my worst suffering and painful condition in running, i.e. I ended up in the ambulance. At that time (on 4/7/2004), I was running my first half marathon in Ipoh International Run 2004 (from 10 km run to half marathon and no training at all) without proper training and running shoe (running with lousy trekking shoe). I did not finish the race. I collapsed at 19 km mark in front of Greentown Mall due to severe cramp on both my calves muscle. I was screaming loudly as the pain was quite severe. I had to be carried by ambulance to the finishing line for further treatment. I encountered some pain when walking after returning from Ipoh to PJ. It took me five days to recover from this kind of cramp.
Anyway, thanks to Chui Miew for setting a wonderful and fantastic pace (up to 26 km) for me to improve my personal record (unexpected PR) . I would also like to thank Tey for providing me some Endurox drink.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 3:18:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

Friday, February 23, 2007 6:45:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home