Monday, February 13, 2006

13 NOVEMBER 2005 (POSTED ON PM 1 BLOG ON 14 NOVEMBER 2005)




















Dear all,

Yesterday (13 November 2005) was supposed to be my happy day as I managed to create a new personal record for the 30km run in 3 hr 8 min 29.66 sec. The weather was fine and cooling for me as I ran in a very relaxed pace with MP3 player (I'll not do it if the coach is around). At the end of the run I was surprise at myself with such timing as I still remember my last practice run best timing for 30 km was 3 hr 39 min+. The main factors in improvement in timing are training run by running up Mt Brinchang in Cameron Highlands, hot sun running during the past few weeks and the effect of plum powder drink. I just mix 1 big tea spoon of plum powder into the 500 ml mineral water bottle, mix with water and shake. If you are drinking the plum powder water, 1 bottle of 500 ml water can last you for 20km. It can quench your thirst and is better than other isotonic drink. It has sufficient potassium that can prevent your leg muscle from getting cramp when you are running long distance (more than 22 km). Infact, I felt great towards the fnishing, as I felt that I could still run for around 2 to 3 km more but I decided not to run as I had sufficient long run.My happy day came to an end when my car (Mitsubishi Galant 2.0, 1980 model) met an accident near my house. The car I as driving was collided by a Proton Iswara Aeroback. The bloody driver did not bother to stop at the junction. As a result, my rear door was damaged and could not be opened. I was lucky as I did not suffer any injuries. The body of my car was solid and this prevented my car from getting more damaged and myself from injury as a result of a strong collision. The bumper of the Proton Iswara was badly damaged and there was a slight damage to the radiator of the Proton Iswara.I was damn very angry at the bloody driver of the Proton Iswara but I managed to control my emotion by not doing something that can land me into further trouble (I am not a road bully). What I hated most is the attitude of the Malaysian drivers. Majority of the Malaysian drivers are immature, like to speed and do not bother to stop at the junction. This is one of the major factor that contributes to the accident.My final advice to the drivers on the road is to stop at the junction. This can help to prevent accident. If you can afford a bigger car, go for it as this is for your own safety. If you still want to drive a small car, you may consider a Myvi as the body of the car is quite solid (based on my own observation and view point).
"Take care and drive safely".
Regards,
LIM FANG HAU