Sunday, February 05, 2006

INTRODUCTION - POSTED ON PM1 BLOG ON 17/12/2004


My name is Lim Fang Hau (Jason). I started to take up running seriously since June 2004. Before that I was just a casual jogger. During my school days, I was not good in any sports and I did not have the speed in running. I did not have the strength to run more than 1.5km. I did not run much during my college day. Until one day, I decided to challenge myself to complete in a 10km run. My first run was the Penchala Tunnel Fun Run in June this year. I managed to complete the run in 65 minutes. My worst experience in running was in Ipoh International Run 2004. I participated in the half marathon category for the first time. I did not manage to complete the run as I collapsed at the 19km mark due to muscle cramp on both of my calf. At that time I did not have proper training for the run. From then onwards, I got to know that my college mate , Petalingrunner, also shares the same interest with me. I was informed that the Pacesetters runners use the Bukit Tunku area as part of the training for the long run. I decided to use the area as my training base since July 2004. From June 2004 until now I have participated in 10 races (3 half marathon, 1 7km run, 6 10km run) with 1 race DNF. I really enjoy running now as it keeps me healthy and fit. One of my goal for running is to complete a full marathon in KLIM 2005. Since training in Bukit Tunku area I managed to improve my timing. I actually do not have the speed as my aim of running is for fun and to complete a race within a qualifying time. My best timing for half marathon is 2 hr 16 min 20 sec, set in Singapore recently. Many thanks to the Pacesetters website that links me to other useful running sites like Jamiepang.com, der_pacemaker#1, KL Penguins, Pipot.com and others. It helps me in planning my long run and training based on the race report by the runners.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Baccarat filao decanter

Friday, February 23, 2007 10:39:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:18:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home