Sunday, January 15, 2006

MT. NUANG TRIP ON 10 JANUARY 2006

Shoe: Hiking shoe (Hi-Tec)
Equipment: New Balance pouch, one (1) 1.5 litres water bottle and two (2) 0.5 litre water bottle, walkie-talkie (loan from Kam Meng) and walking stick*
Food: Burger and chocolates
Attire: Long sleeves t-shirt and long pants

* This walking stick was given to me by one of the Malay lady climber on 23 July 2005 when she noticed me having difficulties in descending Nuang. This walking stick has been accompanying me for the rest of my mountain climbing trip to Mt. Bunga Buah, Mt. Angsi and Mt. Datuk.

Information on Mt. Nuang

Height: 1,498 metres, highest mountain in Selangor

This was my second attempt on Mt. Nuang since my first solo attempt on 23 July 2005. Departed from Kelana Jaya LRT station after picking up Soon Loong and Chui-Miew (Blueamaba) somewhere near Kelana Jaya LRT station. We arrived at the Petronas station after the 2nd Cheras toll at 7.30 a.m. Waited for Boon Keat and Kam Meng for a few minutes to arrive. We had our breakfast near Hulu Langat town. At approximately 8 a.m., we departed to Nuang.

The journey to the summit started at approximately 9 a.m. There were not much people hiking since it was a public holiday (Muslim festival). The journey to the summit reminded me of my first solo attempt. The weather was fine and windy in the morning. The uphill trail to the summit was fine. We reached the first water dam after one hour of trekking. From the water dam, we proceeded to the first campsite within half an hour.

We reached the Lolo campsite (after crossing the river) at approximately 10.30 a.m. At Lolo campsite, we rested for a few minutes before continuing our journey to Pacat campsite. The journey to Pacat campsite took us approximately 1.5 hours. We arrived at Pacat campsite at approximately 12 noon. Pacat campsite is almost like an empty playground as many trees had been cleared. This is not good for the environment as it exposes the land to further soil erosion and other related side effects. At Pacat campsite, we stopped for a short break before continuing our journey to the summit.

The journey to the summit took us approximately 1.5 hours. From Pacat campsite the trail to the summit became steeper and muddy. I found myself having difficulty to move fast in the muddy trail. We arrived at the summit at approximately 1.30 p.m. We had our lunch on the summit and took some photos before descending from the summit. The weather on the summit was quite cold and I shivered while having my lunch. The view from the summit was not that beautiful as it was covered by trees.

We descended from the summit at approximately 2 p.m. We took 4.25 hours from the summit to reach the base. I slipped down for a few times on the way descending the summit due to muddy and slippery surface. We arrived at the car park at 6.15 p.m. After cleaning ourselves, we departed from Nuang back to Petaling Jaya.

Overall, the day trip to Nuang as quite an enjoyable one. I found myself much fitter in terms of physical fitness and leg muscle endurance as compared with my first solo attempt on 23 July 2005. Finally, I would like to thank Wan Lin for the information on Nuang trip and Kam Meng (team captain) for organising this trip. Do let me know if you have any plan to go to Nuang again as I love to go to this mountain. I am looking forward to conquer some mountains which are tougher than Mt. Nuang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home