Sunday, December 18, 2005

WATERLESS LSD - 18/12/2005 & 10KM RACE RETIREMENT

If you ever wonder why I did not run the Mizuno Wave Run, well, I have officially retired from the 10km races. I find that 10km races is not suitable for me. Every time, I run the 10km races, I have the temptation to speed (even if there is no time limit or unlimited medal) and most of the time I ran out of breath. I could not run at a relaxed pace. From now onwards, I will never take part in any 10km races. I'll concentrate on full marathon. If I were to run the half marathon, I'll just run at a relaxed pace and I won't race against my other running friends or I'll use it as a platform to see how far have I improved in my running.

For your information, I started running since June 2004 and I have ran nine (9) 10km races. I have to sacrificed the 10km races for the sake of my future marathon. I'll be missing some 10km races that I have not taken part such as

1. Power Run
2. Consumer Run
3. Mizuno Wave Run
4. Shah Alam Run
5.Seremban Quarter Marathon

Goodbye 10km races!!!!!

LSD on 18/12/2005 (Without water)
Distance = 21km
Timing = 2 hr 15 min 19.60 sec
Attire = Dry fit t-shirt, running shorts, NB pouch and Adidas running shoe (Totally no MP3 Player)

The run today was fine for the first 10km. Arriving at Hartamas petrol station in 1 hour. When returning back, I felt heavy as my dry fit t-shirt was accumulating sweats. I could not run at a constant pace. I felt dehydrated when I completed my run. My heart was beating at a higher or irregular rate. Can anyone tell me the reason for such irregular heartbeat ?

From today's LSD, I know that the furthest distance that I could run without water is 21km under cooling weather condition. If I were to run 21km under other condition other than cooling weather, I definitely need water.



3 Comments:

Blogger Wan Lin said...

I will suggest to drink water at every 5 km. Or, take a drink at Petronas station before returning back to Bukit Aman.

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:10:00 am

 
Blogger blueameba said...

Few of frens also 'declared' the *retirement* from certain race category.

It's glad to say 'retire' cos u really had put a lot of efforts into it and alot of experiences have been gained.

But i do really hope it's just a resting period for you, the 10km race always welcome you on track!

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:03:00 pm

 
Blogger Boon Keat said...

Hey Jason,

Sorry for unable to meet u in mizuno run. I didn't bring my phone out that day. After sms u about the waiting place, i just leave it in home (i go with bike, no place to keep the phone :(.

I had been searching around the finishing line for u. Cause i thought u r participate in same event. Later around 9:15am, i have to go due to some work in my lab. So, may be u can meet again in new year run. I really looking forward for it.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:45:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home