Monday, December 12, 2005

KLIM 2006 CIRCUIT RUN SERIES 1 (11/12/2005)

This is the first series of the circuit run. The objective of this circuit run is to test how far I can run within one hour. My timing splits are as follows:

1st lap = 12 min 1 sec
2nd lap = 12 min 44 sec
3rd lap = 13 min +
4th lap = 12 – 13 min +
5th lap = 12 min 27 sec

Total time = 1 hr 2 min 45.03 sec
Total distance = 11.5 km (2.3km each lap)
Average pace per km = 5 min 27.39 sec

My performance today was considered average as I had just recovered from my miserable marathon in Singapore last week. The run started at 7.30 am. As usual I would run with my pouch. This time I tried to run with dry fit t-shirt (which is slightly heavier than a dry fit running vest) as compared with my usual light running vest. I ran the entire five laps without water. I did not want to drink as it is waste of time. This is to test my body resistance to dehydration at constant pacing of 5 min +. I managed to make it without much problem.

Officially, I managed to complete 4 laps with timing of 50 min 17 sec. At this moment of time, I was thinking of giving up the fifth lap but did not want to do so. With high determination, I decided to try to complete the last lap within the cut off time by 2 min 45 sec. The last lap was not counted as I exceeded the official one hour cut off time. After the one hour had elapsed I found myself running the fifth lap with approximately 0.6 km to go. I just did not bother about it as I increased my speed and sprinted towards the finishing line.

Hopefully, I can run the next Circuit run for 9 laps within the 2 hours cut off time.

Next Circuit run: 7 January 2006, Saturday
Time: 7.00 am.
Location: Lake Garden (Boat House)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:41:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home