Monday, January 30, 2006

GREAT EASTERN 30KM RUN ON 22 JANUARY 2006

Location: Lake Garden Boat House
Timing: 3 hr 13 min 52 sec
Distance: 30.1 km
Average pace per km: 6 min 26.45 sec
Attire: Running shorts and vest
Other equipment: New Balance pouch, Nike arm wallet, MP3 player and plum powder drink

I nearly missed the race. Woke up at 3.45 a.m. but continued sleeping until 5.10 a.m. as I as too tired after watching the All England Badminton until 1.30 a.m. I knew that I was too late and immediately I rushed to my car. I had no time for banana breakfast. I had to rush to Sim’s house to fetch him. At approximately 5.15 a.m., I arrived at Sim’s (http://petalingrunner.blogspot.com/) house. From there we departed to the Lake Garden. I had no choice but to drive exceeding the speed limit on the Federal Highway at more than 100 km/h. Arrived at Bukit Aman car park at approximately 5.30 a.m. and had to immediately run to the starting point. I consumed my Powergel while running towards the starting point.

The race started at 6.00 a.m. I ran at a relaxed and consistent pace at the beginning. The first Double Hill was fine at I took approximately 1 hr 15 min + to complete the first Double Hill. Next, the route is to run towards Petronas station in Sri Hartamas. My pacing was quite relax and consistent. On the way to Petronas station, I met some of the fast runners running back on the opposite direction, i.e. Azwar, Tey (http://pmtey.blogspot.com/), Chong Wah, Tan Khee Meng (Penguin 2), Tan Chee Wee (Penguin 11) and Ronnie See (PM1). I completed the Petronas route when my timing indicated approximately 2 hr 10 min +.

The final stretch was to run back towards the finishing line. On the way back, I met Boon Keat and Chui Miew (pacing together) and Rho Wen. I still manage to maintain my consistent pace. The run was so relaxed and I was motivated to run due to the music from the MP3 player. With less than a kilometre to go, I decided to increase my pace. Towards the finishing with approximately 100 metres going, I decided to sprint towards the finishing line. I finished the race in 3 hr 13 min 52 sec. After finishing the race, I was surprised at my self as I could maintain the same pacing throughout the entire distance without much problem as I did not have proper breakfast like banana and Powerbar. I only had Powergel 20 minutes before the race. I forgot to consume my second Powergel at the Petronas station as I thought I left it in my car. I only realised that after the race when I was chit-chatting with Chui Miew.

Overall, the run was quite enjoyable and relaxing. The only thing I had myself to blame was that I really had to rush to the starting point as I left my house in a rush and missed my proper breakfast. Besides that, I had also misplaced my MP3 player and my Nike arm wallet after the run. If anyone found these two items, do drop me an email (jasonlfh@gmail.com) or call me at 012-2478525.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:58:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:36:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home