Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MT. SUKU DAY 2 (27 MAY 2007) PHOTOS FROM KWANG LENG'S SITE


Location: Suku campsite
Altitude: 1,710 m (Casio Protrek Triple Sensor reading)


I was invited by Wee, from Anakhutan to locate the correct trail to Suku summit. I0 of us departed from Penang to Simpang Pulai and then to the 32 km mark of the Simpang Pulai - Cameron Highlands road (location of the starting point). It was a 2 days 1 night trip survey and observation trip by Anahutan from 26 May 2007 to 27 May 2007. The last time I came to Suku was somewhere in mid May with a group of 12 hikers for day trip. What my friend told me before was exactly the same. The landscape of the starting point has totally changed. Will describe more in the hiking summary.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Wee Chuah said...

jason, thanks for guiding.
see u this sunday at penangbridge run....

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:09:00 pm

 
Anonymous FANG HAU LIM said...

Wee,

See you this Sunday at Penang Bridge Run

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 1:13:00 pm

 
Anonymous Loi Teck Chai said...

I am wondering had any of the members using the GPS to map this trail? Would like to have one.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:41:00 pm

 
Anonymous FANG HAU LIM said...

Loi,

I have not use GPS before. Now I remember, I have the info which was mapped by my friend using GPS last year.

The actual distance is 2.2 km but it takes 3 hrs up if you are going in a day trip. If you are climbing with backpack for overnight, probably it will take 4 to 4.5 hrs depending on your fitness level.

I can forward you the info. which was mapped by GPS by Monday, 3rd July 2007.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:55:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home