Tuesday, July 11, 2006

IPOH INTERNTIONAL RUN 2006 DETAILED REPORT

First 5 km

My timing was a little bit off my expected time split of 24 min+. I did not now the reason for it.

Next 5 km

My timing split was 57 min+. Just 4 min off my expected timing split. I tried to increase my pace but I found it quite difficult to do so.

Next 2 km

Initially my target was to reach Jaya Jusco before 1 hr time split but I could not do so and I reached the 12 km mark with the time split of 1 hr 8 min+.

Next 3 km

My next target was to try to reach the 15 km mark within 1 hr 20 min+ but I could not make it. I took 1 hr 26 min+ to reach the 15 km mark. I tried my very best to increase my pace but ths did not help as the sun was already out and it was getting hotter and hotter. Surprisingly there was a Powergel provided to runners as compared to last year.

Next 5 km

I tried to increase my pace to recover the time lost initially due to my slow pace. I found it quite hard to do so. When reaching the 20 km mark it was already 1 hr 59 min+. It was 5 min off my last year timing split. I tried my very best to increase my pace.

Last 1 km

Knowing that a sub-2 hr timing was impossible, I did not want to give up. I tried to run as fast as I could under this hot weather to finish the race and I managed to finish it in 2 hr 6 min 6.66 sec.

Perhaps I had peaked too early in P.J. Half Marathon and I found myself in this race running without any runners (pacers) who were of the same standard with me. Will attempt next year, perhaps with a new strategy. The water station service was still poor as last year. Perhaps there should be isotonic drink provided to runners alomg the way rather than at the finishing point.

My running improvement (timing wise) is going to be slow this year as I’ll be juggling my time with other new sports.