Monday, June 26, 2006

NEW ROUTE & RUNNING IN REMEMBRANCE OF THE LATE CHAN SUET YIN

Where: From my house Section 20, Petaling Jaya to Bukit Aman car park
Distance: Approximately 24.57 km
Date: 25/6/2006
Time: 0535
Timing: 2 hr 46 min 42.59 sec
Decided to try the new route and I found it very interesting and not so boring. On the way to TTDI Park (running through residential area in SS2, I was running along Jalan SS2/2), I passed by house no. 399. This was quite a sad memory to me. In 1993 (could not remember the exact date), I was at Suet Yin's (my secondary school classmate) house with friends and classmates to complete our assignments. A year later (in 1994), I was shocked and surprised to hear (during recess time, the announcement made by Mr Ong Hock Thye, our discipline teacher) that she had passed away (at the age of 15) due to anaemia. My other classmates attended the funeral and I did not go as I was afraid to attend at that time. I had ran passed the house 3 times since last year and including today. Whenever I ran passed the house, I'll remember her. Almost 12 years had passed since the demised of my classmate, Chan Suet Yin. I'll never forget this in my life as I never had the opportunity to see her for the last time before the funeral. Whatever it is, this run (fro my house to Bukit Aman car park for the first time) is in remembrance of her.
After passing her house, the run continued into TTDI Park and to Sri Hartamas Petronas station (passing by the Securities Commission and Plaza Mon't Kiara). After the Petronas station (after running the big loop), as usual the route was to run back to Bukit Aman car park. I arrived at Bukit Aman car park at approximately time 0825.
Thanks to those who had taken care of my bag which consists of my drinks and shirt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » » »

Friday, February 16, 2007 7:41:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home