Tuesday, June 06, 2006

4 JUNE 2006

Data: 4/6/2006
Time: 0745
Location: Putrajaya
Activity: Cycling (from Dataran Putrajaya to Cyberjaya to trunk road heading towards Dengkil and back to Dataran Putrajaya)
Distance: 40.84 km
Top speed: 40 km/h
Average speed: 20km/h to 30km/h
Timing: 2 hr 32 min

It was almost one month I did not cycle. I told myself that no matter what the condition was I must cycle to Cyberjaya. The condition of the road especially on the motorcycle lane was quite bad on certain stretches. There were rocks and sand on the motorcycle lane. At one part of the motorcycle lane, there was a pothole. I almost fell of from my bike as my bicycle almost hit the pothole. Luckily, I managed to apply the break in time. Along the way, I had to stop 3 times to fix my bicycle chain. I was surprised when I tried to increase my speed after going down hill but the bike could not go fast and when I stopped for a while, I tried to increase my speed but my bike could not go fast although I use the highest gear. Later, I discovered that the bicycle chain had come off from its original position. Perhaps this could be due to changing gear problem (i.e. using wrong gear when ascending or descending).

On my way to Dengkil from Cyberjaya using the trunk road, there were many vehicles speeding along the road. After cycling for a kilometre on the trunk road, I decided not to take the risk to cycle to Dengkil as it was dangerous with many vehicles speeding. I decided to cycle back to Dataran Putrajaya.

Observation

1. Speed getting faster from previous ride but not fast enough for competition.
2. Will try to go for longer distance for the next ride.
3. Level of confidence increased for long ride as my thighs were not tired at all but I had a slight pain on my buttock perhaps due to cycling for more than 40 km for the first time and a long period lay off from cycling.