Friday, April 07, 2006

2 April 2006

Date: 2/4/206
Place: Putrajaya
Activity: Cycling
Distance: 31.42 km
Average speed: 20 km/hr to 30 km/hr
Top speed: 33 km/hr (going down hill)
Starting time: 8.04 a.m.
Timing: 2 hr 42 min+

Quite a bad day for me. Half an hour before the ride, I had to look for toilet to perch (“Lau Sai”). Felt comfortable after perching. The day before the ride, I had my bicycle seat adjusted with the hope that it will not give me pain on my buttock.

Starting the ride, I was struggling most of the time to fit my right leg into the cycling hook. After trying more than 10 times, my legs managed to get into the cycling hook. I managed to cycled at quite a comfortable pace and speed around 20 km/hr to 30 km/hr after changing to the fastest gear. The fun part as cruising downhill with the fastest gear at a speed of 33 km/hr (i.e. the maximum measurement of the speedometer). Based on my judgement, I believe the speed of cruising downhill was even faster than 33 km/hr.

When cycling uphill, this was the toughest part. I had to use all my strength on my thigh muscles to propel me up. My cycling speed gradually reduced until 9 km/hr when going uphill. Whenever I took a break or stop at the traffic light junction, I had problem to get my right leg back into the cycling hook. Most of my time was spent trying to get my right leg into the cycling hook as I was not used to it. Perhaps with a few more rides or practices, I should be able to get used to it.

Overall, this ride was better compared with the first one. The pain on my buttock was not so painful as compared with the first ride after adjusting my cycling seat. I’ll gradually increase my cycling distance before joining a long ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger blueameba said...

Hook? Actually you can remove it if you feel not comfortable with it.

Friday, April 07, 2006 9:33:00 pm

 
Blogger fhlim said...

The hook is ok for me. I just not used to it. I believe with a few more rids or practices, I'll be able to get used to it.

Monday, April 10, 2006 1:22:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home