Saturday, November 17, 2012

11 APRIL 2006

Date: 11/4/2006
Time: 6.00 a.m.
Location: Bukit Aman car park
Activity: Run from the car park to Sri Hartamas and back to the car park via Bank Negara route
Distance: 20.2 km
Timing: 2 hr 7 min+
Split time: 31 min+ at Jalan Duta
57 min 36 sec at Petronas Station
1 hr 33 min+ at Jalan Duta
2 hr 7 min+

I missed my LSD so much. The last time I did my LSD at Bukit Aman was on 25 February 2006 i.e. 1 week before KLIM 2006. It has been 1.5 months I did not come to Bukit Aman for the run. My last LSD was on 12 March 2006 at TTDI Park. It has been 1 month I did not do my LSD.

This time I carry my new Deuter pouch for the run. This pouch is heavier than the New Balance pouch. I put my digital camera into the pouch in order to experiment the effect on my timing for the long run. Although the Deuter pouch is heavier than the New Balance pouch, I felt very comfortable using the Deuter pouch. I ran at normal pace to Hartamas with the pouch. My split time was normal notwithstanding with the fact that I had not been doing my long run for 1 month.

When I reached Hartamas station, I spent a few minutes trying to snapshoot pictures. Then, I continued with my run until certain point where I had to stop for a few minutes to fasten my pouch. I did not tighten my pouch properly at Bukit Aman. On my way back, I ran at quite a relaxed pace as I did not want to push myself.

Overall, I discovered that with additional weight from my digital camera in a heavier pouch, I still managed to maintain my normal performance and timing even though I had not been doing my long run for 1 month.

Note: In future, I’ll carry my digital camera for races if I am not serious on my timing and performance. I’ll post the photos when free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home