Friday, October 27, 2006

MT. ULU SEPAT (31 AUGUST 2006 TO 3 SEPTEMBER 2006) PART 3

2 September 2006

Woke up at time 0330 hrs. Heard some noise from the next campsite on the summit. Did not know what they were doing in the early hours of the morning (noisy). Decided to continue sleeping as it was raining. Woke up at time 0645 hrs to witness the sunrise but had no mood to do so as it was still raining. It had been raining since midnight. The temperature was around 16 degrees Celsius. Decided to continue sleeping until time 0730 hrs.

Woke up at time 0730 hrs to have breakfast. After breakfast, started to pack up. Descended from the summit at time 0930 hrs. At approximately time 1100 hrs, we reached the last water point. Took a short break before continuing the descend. On the way descending down, I accidentally hurt my right finger, as I was not careful when holding the tree roots with thorns. My right thumb was bleeding and it was near the river. So I decided to hold on to it until I cross the river near Lanweng campsite. Had to apply some anti-septic cream and plaster from my personal first aid kit. Had a quick lunch near the river and collected the rubbish that was left over by us on 31 August 2006 before continuing at time 1250 hrs.

Later we dropped by Emat’s grand parents hut for a short break. Continued our journey. As we were approaching the native village, it was raining heavily. The trail was slippery and I had slipped many times. Others were moving quite fast and I was moving at a slower pace due to insufficient food intake during lunch. I was feeling quite hungry and my right toe was hurting when hiking downwards. I told myself that I should not push myself as the native village was getting nearer and safety was the most important issue. At one point, I felt like cursing the condition of the jungle. It was quite slippery and uncomfortable but I had to respect the jungle no matter how harsh the condition was. At approximately time 1615, we managed to reach the native village. Felt tired and hungry after the hike. The other group of hikers arrived at time 1720 hrs. We had our dinner at time 1900 hrs and supper later.

We exchanged some leftover food with the other group. After dinner, we mingled around with the other group to listen to their Trans Chammah – Ulu Sepat hiking journey. Slept at time 2200 hrs at the native village.

Stay tune for final part of the report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home